Friday, March 30, 2012

Black History Month Propaganda Poster - Stanley Grizzel


What my understanding of this project was that I was to make a propaganda poster of the person I chosen from the list. What I’ve learned about the person I was making a propaganda poster about was that he was a union activist and the first black judge. The steps I took to make this poster were first I did research and then looked for a picture I liked of him. Once that was done I contrasted the picture and posterized it, traced the outlines and the lights and darks with the pen tool. Then I choose a color scheme and put it in. Some elements of art that I used in my poster are line, shape, color, value and some principals of art that I used in this poster are asymmetrical balance, contrast, harmony.

The program I used was Adobe Illustrator CS4 and the tools I used for this poster was the pen tool, direction tool, selection tool, eye dropper tool.

My opinion on my work is that it good, but I probably could do better if I had more time. Like for instance do the whole design process and get some better ideas, or even try to do something with the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment